A Law Firm With Board-Certified Bankruptcy Specialists
Simon Fitzgerald LLC is the oldest bankruptcy law firm in Louisiana. We trace the origins of the firm to 1907, and for many decades bankruptcy has been the primary focus of our practice.
Two of our attorneys are board certified as consumer bankruptcy specialists, and one of those is also certified as business bankruptcy specialists by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization. Our firm is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and *AV-rated through Martindale-Hubbell. We serve individuals, couples and small businesses across Louisiana.
About Our Attorneys/Partners
- Paul M. Cooke is a member/partner in the firm, having practiced since 1972. He is a member of the Shreveport Bar Association and the Louisiana State Bar Association, and works in our Shreveport office. Mr. Cooke is AV-preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Keith M. Welch is a partner and joined the firm in 1977. He is certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization as a consumer bankruptcy specialist. Mr. Welch formerly served on the bankruptcy advisory commission for the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization. He is a member of the Shreveport Bar Association, Louisiana Bar Association and National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys. Keith also serves clients in the Shreveport area. Mr. Welch is AV-preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Kevin R. Molloy is a member/partner and joined the firm in 1987 after serving as a law clerk to chief bankruptcy judge Stephen V. Callaway. He is among just five attorneys statewide board-certified as both a consumer bankruptcy specialist and a business bankruptcy specialist. Mr. Molloy previously served as chairman of the consumer protection and bankruptcy law section of the Louisiana State Bar Association and previously served as chairman of the Bankruptcy Advisory Commission for the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Molloy is AV-preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- L. Laban Levy is a member/partner at the firm and practices in our Shreveport office. He previously served as law clerk to honorable chief judge Henry N. Brown Jr. for the Louisiana Second Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
- Karl M. Helo is the member/partner in charge of the Lafayette office. Mr. Helo graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with a Bachelor of Arts degree in pre-law in 2008, and received his Juris Doctor and Diploma in civil law degree from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University Law School in 2011. Mr. Helo’s practice is primarily in the area of consumer bankruptcy. Mr. Helo was admitted to practice in Louisiana in 2011 and is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association.
- David K. Welch is a member/partner with the law firm of Simon Fitzgerald LLC and works primarily in the Shreveport city office.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished, and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.