- Practice Areas
- Bar Admission
- Past Positions
- Professional Associations
- Certified Legal Specialties
Meet Kevin R. Molloy – an attorney who has dedicated his legal career to helping people achieve financial freedom and a fresh start. As a Partner at the Simon, Fitzgerald, Cooke, Reed & Welch law firm, Mr. Molloy has built a reputation as one of Louisiana’s leading bankruptcy attorneys specializing in debtor and creditor representation in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.
Mr. Molloy graduated from Louisiana Tech University in 1982 with a degree in Business Administration and later earned his Juris Doctor from Louisiana State University Law School in Baton Rouge in 1985. As Student Body President and Student Member of the LSU Board of Supervisors, he exhibited strong leadership qualities that continued to serve him well in his legal career.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Molloy served as a law clerk for Chief Bankruptcy Judge Stephen V. Callaway from 1986 to 1987. He then built a successful practice primarily in Business and Consumer Bankruptcy Law, representing debtors and creditors in bankruptcy. Mr. Molloy is one of only three attorneys certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization as both a Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist and a Business Bankruptcy Specialist, a testament to his unparalleled expertise in the field.
Throughout his legal career, Mr. Molloy has held various leadership positions in professional associations such as the Louisiana State Bar Association, and the local chapter of the American Inns of Court. He has also been recognized for his outstanding work in the legal community and has a Superior (AV) Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, Mr. Molloy currently serves as a delegate to the Louisiana State Bar Association House of Delegates, a position he has held for many years.
As an attorney, Mr. Molloy’s favorite part of his practice is interacting with clients and helping them resolve their legal problems. He is passionate about bankruptcy law’s straightforward yet complicated nature and enjoys seeing how it can help people achieve financial freedom. Mr. Molloy is a hands-on attorney who values client interaction and ensures that he thoroughly resolves his clients’ legal issues.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and need a fresh start, Mr. Molloy is the best attorney to help you. Once you call his office, an appointment will be set up for you to meet with him so that he can go through all of your factual issues, including all property owned and all debts owed. Mr. Molloy will work closely with you throughout the legal process to ensure you get the best outcome possible. His expertise, professionalism, and compassion will help you get the fresh start you need and deserve.
- Bankruptcy Law
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- Business & Commercial Law
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. – 1985
- Honors: Student Body President
- Honors: Student Member of the Louisiana State University Board of Supervisors
- Louisiana Tech University
- Business Administration – 1982
- Louisiana, 1986
- Chief Bankruptcy Judge Stephen v. Callaway, Law Clerk, 1986 to 1987
- Shreveport Bar Association, Member
- Shreveport Bar Foundation, Founding Fellow
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Commercial Law League of America, Member
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
- Business Bankruptcy Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization